Import clothes in Unreal Editor
- Add the Draper Garment to the Draper Simulation component.
- Click the “…” button and select the garment folder where you exported a garment for this character. You should see the garment loaded and positioned on your character.
You can add more than one garment by adding additional Draper Garment components. You can also group them by adding a Scenes component for your convenience.
- To modify the clothes’ fabrics using the Draper Editor, click the Edit button.
- The Draper Editor panel will open. At the top, you can see all the characters with the Draper simulation components. It allows you to switch between the characters instead of searching for them in the World outliner.
For each character in the Draper Editor, you can see the garments along with all the materials used to create these garments.
Note: The order of the garments in this list is treated as layers so the first garment will be kept underneath the second garment, and so on. You can rearrange the order of the garments in this list by dragging the entries up or down.
- Select the fabric you wish to edit. This will show all the material properties you can modify or set up from scratch. Using the Draper Editor, you can:
Save or Load your fabric presets.
- Apply modified settings to the existing fabric by clicking the Save icon next to the material name.
- Edit the following material properties:
- Base Color
- Normal map and Normal strength
- Metallic map and strength
- Roughness map and roughness power
- Pattern with detail mask and power
- Alpha mode, map, and opacity max and min
- UV scale for the Base color texture and Fabric
- You can also use native UE materials in uDraper. See Using native UE materials.
- Save or Load your fabric presets.